Saturday, September 16, 2006

My idea of heaven is watching Ella Fitzgerald singing

Sharing an accidental discovery. A video on Download.com.
The Ella Fitzgerald and Count Basie number "Flyin' Home". 6 minutes and 22 seconds of heavenly stuff. Ella at the height of her musical powers in 1979. Singing at the Montreux Jazz Festival with the Count Basie Orchestra.



Well dear reader why don't you stop reading and start listening? Click here please.

And this link will allow you to watch Ella and Count Basie singing "A-Tisket, A-Tasket". 10 minutes and 33 seconds of heaven. These numbers are from Ella&Basie: 'The Perfect Match' '79.






Thanks cnet.

2 Comments:

Blogger dr2 said...

Dev, I need to find some photographer by the name of S. Jamshetjee from Mhow. The problem is that he was alive in early 1900s.

I need to track my ancestors down.
Can you help?

If you reply back here with your email, that would be nice.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Dev said...

I can try. My email is dev_kumar@rediffmail.com Drop me a line please.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home